Over the fourth of July weekend, we went camping again. It was a shorter time for M&D, but I got a whole extra day because I went up with G on Wednesday afternoon. M&D joined us on Thursday for the rest of the weekend. It was fun, but kind of wet. It rained everyday at least a little. This meant more time indoors, but also MUD! D found his mud puddles on his ATV and I found mine around camp!!
Before I really got into it....my hand just a little dirty!

After playing in the mud for an hour!

This camping trip I even got my own bed! I had been sharing the king size bed with M&D, but with a new baby on the way, M wanted to teach me to sleep in my own bed. The first night I got stuck in the crack between the bed and canvas twice and cried out, so M put a cushion there for the rest of the nights. But overall, I did very well in my own bed.

On Saturday, we had a Memorial ride


and special service for P's best friend. This was one of his favorite rides and views. It is a little cloudy, but he gets to gaze out on the mountains from his resting place.


There were a lot of people who came to wish Dean farewell. So many in fact, that we had to split camps. Ours was the "upper" camp with the usual group. The "lower" camp was about 100 yards down the hill and consisted of Cindy's kids and their friends. Between the 2 camps there were probably 40+ people.

After the service on our Memorial ride we stopped for a picnic lunch.

On the way back to the car, it started raining. Since I had already fallen asleep in D's arms, M just put her raincoat over me so I wouldn't get wet and wake up. I slept through it all!!

We had Karaoke again one night. This time I was actually awake when it started so I helped the girls sing one of the first songs!!

After coming back from camping, Cousin L. came over and we finished off a box of Pop-it's that D had bought for the 4th. I had tons of fun with them. I loved just throwing them down and hearing them pop.
I hope every one had a wonderful and safe Fourth of July!! God bless America!
No comments:
Post a Comment