My typical day begins with me waking up between 5:30 and 5:55 (after 9+ hours solid sleep!) just to see if its morning yet and Mommy trying to get me to sleep for at least another hour or so. Yesterday I woke up at 5:54 am but since I hadn't gone to bed until 8:30 Mommy knew I had to sleep just a little longer (since Mommy's goal is to get at least 10 hours out of me every night), so we rocked and cuddled until 6:15 and I woke up when Mommy tried to put me back in my crib, so we were up for the day (but Mommy's thinking was at least I slept almost another 20 minutes in her arms!). This morning I woke at 5:22 am, so Mommy had plenty of time to attempt to get me back to sleep, so I didn't even get to rock with her, since she was just patting my back and rubbing my head in the crib. I fell back to sleep by 5:40 and slept while Mommy worked out and got ready for work. She actually had to wake me back up at 6:50 to get changed before walking out the door. Most mornings I enjoy my bottle while Mommy is either working out, showering or just getting ready (depending on what time I am officially up!!). I help get the newspaper every morning while Mommy loads up the diaper bag and her purse in the car.
Then while M&D work I get to play all day. I enjoy my walks and helping get the mail (and by helping I mean I first find my hat so we can go outside, and then on the walk to the box I get to carry the keys, and I pause to pick up rocks which fell on the sidewalk and put them back into the appropriate rock beds). I also have lots of fun dancing to Gaither music or jumping off the footstool in the living room. I go, go, go all day until I lay down for my naps and then go, go, go again once I wake up. Daddy usually picks me up around 4 each afternoon and I get to play with him until Mommy gets home. Once Mommy arrives home I give Daddy kisses and head upstairs to help cook supper (and by helping I mean that I play in the tupperware drawer or the utensil drawer (i can finally reach it!!!), or try to get into the garbage can or just sit on the kitchen floor with books and toys to keep Mommy company). Once supper is ready I show Mommy how to put the food on my highchair tray so that I can eat, after folding my hands to pray!!
Then usually for the rest of the evening we hang out downstairs playing with toys, while watching some TV and doing laundry or some other little housecleaning chore. Then it's bedtime. It is becoming more and more my favorite part of the day. I get to brush my teeth with Daddy while Mommy gets my bottle ready, after which I give him kisses. Then I go into my bedroom and pull my "night-night" book (a toddler devotional book) off the shelf and put in on the rocking chair and am usually trying to climb up into the chair when Mommy comes in. While Mommy reads I drink my bottle and rock some. Once my bottle is finished I exchange it for my pacifier, help Mommy say my bedtime prayers and off to the crib I go. Sleeping soundly until morning and I do it all over again!!
The routine varies on the weekends because I get to stay home with M&D. Usually Mommy and I run errands early Saturday morning (either letting Daddy relax or rushing to beat him home from work). After my afternoon nap, we usually play outside for a while. Sunday morning we have church in the morning and football in the afternoon.
All in all, I would have to say that my life is pretty good. Each day varies somewhat as I learn more and more and discover new things in my exploration of the world around me.
Friday, September 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment