My age.....

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Sunday Mornings

I have decided that Sunday mornings are my favorite time. Like every morning it is just Mommy and I awake (we let Daddy sleep in on Sundays since usually he is always the first one up and gone!), but Mommy is not in a rush to get to work so she actually spends time playing with me rather than just a quick tickle or two like weekday mornings. Besides its bath day and what is more fun than baths?! This morning I decided to sit and read my books while Mommy laid on the couch trying to wake up. It's like she thinks 6:30 is early or something. Anyhow, enjoy this picture of me sitting in my Elmo chair reading.
I've had a busy week. Early Wednesday morning my aunt Rachel came into town to work at the YMCA all summer. She played my favorite game with me that night. She's pretty good at "Going to Get Brileigh" game! Although she was attempting to change the rules by trying to get me to chase her. I only play those rules when playing with Daddy (or so he told Mommy)! Last night Mommy's cousin Zach came into town. He's going to go to church with us this morning. Two visitors in one week, how lucky can a girl get!!
I also had a few big accomplishments this week. Thursday morning I cut my fourth tooth. I'm still working on one more, but I can only handle one at a time. I also climbed the whole staircase this week. See the video below for that excitement.
Mommy also finally got around to putting my seat on the back of her bike. Once we did that then Mommy and I went for a bike ride while Daddy was working. It was pretty fun. I got to see a lot more of the neighborhood then when we go for a walk in the stroller.
The only down thing about this week is that I got a cold from all my playing outside last weekend. So my nose as been runny all week. I have learned though when Mommy comes and "attacks" me with those Kleenexes she is just trying to help, so I don't fight as much as I used to. I just let her do her thing and then its over and I can go back to playing!
While I better get back to exploring my world so I will have something to update you with next time.

No comments: