My age.....

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

October Snow

Wednesday last week, winter descended upon us. When M left for work there was maybe 2 or 3 inches on the ground. When she got home that night, D had just finished shoveling off about 10 inches of wet, heavy snow from our driveway. We then took D's ATV up the street to help his brother with his driveway. I enjoyed riding the ATV through the snow.While D shoveled and M helped "clean" up the driveway, I buried myself in the snow.
The snow was very deep and in some places come up to my waist!!!
D had to shovel again as soon as we got back to our house, then again before bed. He shoveled when he woke up in the morning and then M did again before she went to work. Each of those 4 times there was probably only an inch or so on the driveway, but that means overall we got about 17-19 inches of snow in a 36 hour timeframe (Tuesday night about 8pm to Thursday mid-morning).
However, by Saturday (Halloween) it was again 50 degrees out and you could see our front lawn again!! I even trick or treated during the day in just my short sleevees.
Daddy having lots of fun on his ATV!! He claimed he was helping knock down the snow in the street, so Uncle S's cars could get up the driveway.

I took notes from D and I tried to ride my trike through the snow also Friday afternoon.

I even tried perfecting my snow angels. G got a really funny video of me on Friday afternoon at her house (M says she has to figure out how to post it, so for now you get this snow angel video!!). G's videos shows me in the hottub with G&P and a few of my cousins and I run out into the snow (in my swimsuit) to make snow angels and then ran back into P's arms and the hot tub. When M saw it she said it reminded her of the races her family used to have to the bridge and back (about a block away) during the middle of winter when they were hot-tubbing!!!

No comments: