My age.....

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Big Girl Bed

M&D decided that I was ready for a big girl bed. They wanted to make sure that I adjusted before Baby Sister comes along and needs my crib. Since I had slept on the floor near their bed while on vacation, D figured now was as good as time as any to make the switch.
Not my very last night in my crib, but within 2 weeks of it. I was very excited about the new bed when I went into my room after D moved the crib out.
M even let me pick out the sheets. She was surprised when I picked out Dora, since as far as she knows I have never seen the show and only have one book. But D pointed out that Dora has a "pet" monkey and I might be confused between Boots and Curious George. Whenever I point out the monkey, M&D just say "Dora is a little girl with a monkey friend, just like you."
Sleeping soundly the first night.
There have been some struggles as I adjust to the new freedom of mobility I have. Yes, I could get out of my crib, but I chose not to during the night and every morning. I would always wait patiently for M to come get me. However, M is getting used to me coming in to wake her up in the morning. If I come in the middle of the night, M just takes me right back to bed.
Last night M checked on me when she used the restroom (those pregnant women and their weak bladders!!!) and she found me lengthwise in bed with my forehead right at the edge. She debated whether to move me, but decided that I needed to learn how to pick myself up and re-cover myself up if I did fall off the mattress (all 4 inches of it). Anyhow, when D got up to go to work, M checked on me again and found me in the middle of my room on the floor. My feet were touching the mattress, my head almost touching the rocking chair and I was sprawled next to my dresser. M doesn't know how I got there. Whether I crawled in my sleep or did fall off the mattress and just rolled there. Either way she didn't hear me and I slept soundly all night!!!

No comments: