This was the 2nd weekend of our camping experience. M&D and I headed up Friday after work. It rained a little on our way, but let up shortly after we got there. The rest of the weekend was absolutely gorgeous.....sunny, warm and hardly a cloud in the sky!
I finally was able to have my first s'more. Usually I'm in bed by the time these come out, but M let me stay just a little bit later so I could try one. It was so good I wanted more, but M said only one before bed!
My friend Deliliah was also there the 2nd weekend. She's the one I made friends with over the Fourth. (just as an additional side note: tonight when I was over visiting my cousin, he was watching Homeward Bound II and I went running into the living room to get M to show her Deliliah....apparently the young female golden on that movie is also named Deliliah. M told D I guess if we have a girl we need to name her Deliliah since that's the only name I can say.....however D said no girl of his is going to be named Deliliah!!!!)
It was very cold Friday night. So cold in fact that our stove had frost on it Saturday morning.
The log I was playing with last weekend made a really good rocking chair also.
All in all, it was a wonderful weekend of camping. Hopefully we get out at least once more in August before Labor Day.


No comments:
Post a Comment