My age.....

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Outside fun

We have cows in our backyard!!! Ok, maybe in the hay field right behind our house, but close enough that it feels like they are in our backyard. I like to go outside and "moo" at them after supper.
I also had fun chasing a bunny rabbit who was just staying far enough away from me on the other side of the fence.
While we were outside I found the car that I played with while camping all last summer. It had been stored on our back patio all winter. I am a litte big for it, plus it has seen better days (that's what I get for being the 9th grandchild and getting hand-me down toys!!). Anyhow, I was determined to have fun with it, but the backyard grass was a little too tall for proper riding. So I carried the car around to the front of the house where I learned about the effects gravity

has in our driveway! Then I convinced M to let me ride it to the park--by riding I mean that I rode less than half a block and then M carried it the rest of the way!!! But I had fun playing with it in the rocks.
Here's a comparsion--Memorial Day last year riding the car (remember my very first step was taken on this camping trip). And me the other night....a little bit taller and much more mobile!
When I am inside I wish I was outside. Life would be good if I could spend every waking moment outside! So I sometimes sit on the coffee table by the front window and watch the neighborhood go by. This particular evening I was there and watched D pull into the driveway.


No comments: