For Christmas,
I got to go visit G&G out in NJ.
I had tons of fun (once we got there). My adventure started Christmas Eve morning after opening presents from Santa (he came a day early to our house!) and after a quick visit to my doctor for my 18 month check-up (i'm well just in case you are wondering--20 1/2 pounds and 32 inches tall). Anyhow we made it to the airport quickly and in plenty of time for our 12:30 flight.
However, the plane wasn't there in plenty of time. I got lots and lots of time to explore
the airport while we waited for clearance to take off--due to ground delays at Newark airport because of freezing rain. I walked up and down the escalators
, and moving walkways. I even got to ride the tram between all 3 concourses. M&D were trying to delay my nap until we got on the plane (although I got a very short one on the way to the airport), but after being delayed 3 hours with no end in sight, M&D finally let me sleep. FINALLY after being in the airport for almost 7 hours we boarded our plane. M&D were very proud of how well behaved I was on the plane--hardly a peep out of me, except when I was laughing so hard at M playing with my water bottle like a top and she got distracted by our neighbor who was also laughing at me and so I tossed the water bottle at D and ended up spilling his pop all over him and the aisle! We ended up landing about 5 1/2 hours later than we were supposed to; so instead of arriving to a big Christmas Eve dinner we got there almost at midnight. I fell asleep on the way to G&G house (since I had been up the whole plane ride!), so I didn't get to see everyone until Christmas morning. I got to open presents after church. M&D have taught me to be very clean as you can see from this video!
After opening presents we had dinner and then headed up to Vermont for a few nights. I did really well on the 6 hour car-ride. I even entertained myself with Patty-Cake.
However, M made the mistake of telling me about the pool at the hotel about 10 miles from town and I couldn't understand why I couldn't swim right this instance!! I made up for it the next day when M, my aunts & uncles and Grandpa went skiing. I took Grandma to the pool and spent the whole day there (ok so only 4 hours in 3 different shifts!). That night we all went to a Japanese steakhouse. I was so enthralled with the Hibachi chef. We also toured Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Factory
before leaving Vermont and saw three covered bridges.
Anyhow, once we headed back to NJ I spent the next few days just sightseeing around G&G house. We went for a few walks, took all my naps
(trying to push Aunt R. off M&D's bed one time when she napped with me--hey a girl needs her space!), had a snowball fight, went into NY to
Coney Island to get a hot dog and to see the window displays,
played with all my new toys (and some old ones as well!
) and just hung out.
With being the only grandchild I got plenty of attention!!
I had tons of fun with G&G and my aunts and uncles. Isn't Mommy's family wonderful?!
After opening presents we had dinner and then headed up to Vermont for a few nights. I did really well on the 6 hour car-ride. I even entertained myself with Patty-Cake.
However, M made the mistake of telling me about the pool at the hotel about 10 miles from town and I couldn't understand why I couldn't swim right this instance!! I made up for it the next day when M, my aunts & uncles and Grandpa went skiing. I took Grandma to the pool and spent the whole day there (ok so only 4 hours in 3 different shifts!). That night we all went to a Japanese steakhouse. I was so enthralled with the Hibachi chef. We also toured Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Factory
And aren't I a cutie in one of my new outfits?!


1 comment:
Man I wish Caitlynn and Dalton could have been there. You guys would have had so much fun. Hopefully we get to meet you soon. Tell your mom Hi for me.
Cousin Tracie
Post a Comment