My age.....

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Fun times

This past week has been very busy and exciting. Mommy was offered free tickets to the Thursday night Avs game and M&D decided to take me. I fell asleep on the way to the game, so I was ready to go once we got there! It was very fun to watch everything that was going on--from the ice to the people around me--although I wasn't too sure what was going on when the Avs scored the first goal; all that noise from the fog horn and people cheering! I made friends with the 7-month behind me and even tried to exchange my Elmo musical toy for her bottle!! I had fun until mid-way through the 3rd period and then I started getting restless, so Mommy and I walked the whole stadium and then went to change into my jammies, so I could sleep comfortably on the way home. However I was so excited about everything I had just seen that I talked halfway home!!
Friday, once I woke up M&D and I headed to the hospital to give Gramma wishes before her surgery. I spent the next few hours walking the hospital halls (all the way from the surgery center to the gift shop & back and then to the cafeteria), walking in and out of the sliding doors, watching the fish and just being busy. When Mommy took me home for a nap, I don't know who was more tired--her or me?? After nap we headed back to the hospital to wait for Gramma to get out of the recovery room and up to her room. But good news--Gramma's surgery went very well and she got home from the hospital today.
Then Saturday after visiting Gramma, M&D took me to the Denver Zoo. I liked the animals best when they were close to the fence and moving. The emu and gorilla was the most interesting, until the gorilla ran at me and stopped by the glass. That was a little too close for my comfort.
On Sunday, Daddy had to run to the store to get a gift for my cousin's birthday, so while he was there he picked up a new toy for me. Mommy had noticed that lately I've been getting really mad at my blocks because they wouldn't stick together. But now, I have Legos to play with!
I have also been busy exploring other things around me, like my own crib. Mommy came into my room one evening last week when I wouldn't settle down right away and found me with one leg over the side. So needless to say, Mommy lowered my mattress two notches. Her theory--lower the side before I figured out that I could get out. She's not quite ready for me to be that mobile!!!

No comments: