Wednesday: Day 6 of our crazy family trip
After a night's sleep, we were ready to have another long fun-filled day. M and D had decided that we would start the day at Disneyland since we
hadn't gotten to Frontier or Adventure lands and then we would head to
California Adventure in the early afternoon. This time M was smart and used the car pool lane all the way to Anaheim. We got to the parking lot 10 minutes after it opened. By the time we got through the ticket gate we still had 20 minutes before any rides opened and so we were the second line behind the opening rope.
The plan was that M and I would head straight to Splash Mountain, while D took C on the Winnie-the-Pooh ride next to it. So when the rope was dropped, we walked as fast as we could to Splash Mountain. We were second in line BUT the ride was shut down due to maintenance issues on their morning test runs!!
So because C and D were already on their ride, M and I headed straight to the Old west Train.
By the time we got off, D and C had caught up with us. D decided he wanted to go on the train also, so I was nice enough to go with him a second time! While M and C waited they watched a turtle swim around the pond.
In the next hour, we went to the Haunted Castle, Pirates...
Tarzan's treehouse....
and the Jungle Cruise. My little monkey backpack felt very much at home with all the animals of the jungle. He spent the whole trip with me and his tail was always in M's hands to make sure that I kept close to her.
Since Splash Mountain still wasn't open, we decided to head to California Adventure earlier than planned. As we were leaving Main Street USA, I spotted Donald.
Goofy was also with him.
Upon getting to California Adventure, we ate lunch right away. Then we headed to do some rides. We passed some army men along the way!
While D decided he would do the BIG roller coaster all by himself, M took C and I on the Mickey Ferris wheel. We got in one of the swinging cars. Even though M knew we were safe, it caught her a little off guard on the first swing out over the water and C almost flying off the seat due to the swinging.
After meeting up with D we stood in line for a really long time to do the Toy Story carnival games.
After exiting that ride and using the restroom, D convinced M that because the line to the big roller coaster was only 5 minutes long, she should go on that. While they were talking I spotted Buzz Lightyear walking through the streets! While we waited and watched M on her ride, D got us a frozen treat because it was sooooooo hot!! After M got off her loop roller coaster ride, we headed to the new Cars Land, where the town of Radiator Springs is located.
D took me on the Cars Racer, while M and C went on the other rides that were just right for C.
They walked past Mater and Lightening McQueen a few times. They got to watch them switch. As soon as Mater was in position, Lightening went on his break.
Since the wait for the cars racer was so long, M and C used the restroom a few times, had a snack, went on 4 rides, filled up the water bottles and enjoyed looking at the creativity of the scenery.
90 minutes later....D wanted to see if the Tower of Terror had a line. So we moved into the Bug land, and while I rode the scary ride with D, C cooled off in the leaking water pipe.
When D and I joined them, I decided I would take M on the Tower of Terror. So we switched and when I came back, I decided I needed to cool off a little bit. After finally feeling cool in the 95 degree day, we watched the interactive theater "A Bug's Life" and went on a few more rides. I got M and D wet by taking them on the big water ride.
D took me on the Goofy roller coaster ride, while C and M went on the shuttle ride and got supper for us. We went on a few more rides and then stayed after closing to watch the fountain show. You can tell we didn't have a very good view, as the big palm tree was right in the middle of our view, but it was still interesting to see.
D didn't want to miss the shuttle bus back to the parking lot, so we didn't stay for the whole show. C fell asleep waiting for our turn to get on the bus and I fell asleep on the bus, so M and D had to carry both of us back to the car. What a long fun-filled day!


No comments:
Post a Comment