My age.....

Saturday, November 3, 2012

CA Trip Day 5

Tuesday: CA Trip Day 5
We woke up Tuesday morning to fog.  After a quick breakfast, we headed out for the craziest day of our trip.  We got caught up in rush hour traffic a little bit, so even though so it took us a little over an hour to go 25 miles we still made it to the parking lot 15 minutes before opening.  M and D hadn't yet told us where we were going, only that we would have tons of fun.  However, I realized it as soon as we turned into the parking lot.  By this time the fog was starting to lift, so I saw the Woody signs.  I asked, "Are we going to Disneyland?".  M responded, "What do you think?".  That's when C and I started shouting, "Disneyland, Disneyland, Disneyland!!"
By the time we got through the ticket line, the rides were up and running.  M wanted to make sure we didn't miss the main attraction, so we headed towards the back doing a few rides along the way.


We got to Mickey's ToonTown just as the gates opened.
We were able to visit Minnie without waiting in any line.
After walking from Minne's house to her next door neighbor, I got to give Mickey a huge hug!
Then I let M, D and C join me.
Once we saw Mickey and Minnie, the big rides could begin.  We did a few other rides in ToonTown and then went to eat lunch. While D took me on the Matterhorn, C and M went to Fantasyland and rode Dumbo, the merry-go-round and Pinocchio before meeting up with us at Peter Pan.
In an attempt to let C settle down some and possibly take a nap, we decided to take the train all the way around Disneyland.
Disneyland is so big, the Grand Canyon even fits in it!!!

After a sleepless train ride, we went on so many rides--cars, submarines and airplanes!  I was tall enough to go on Space Galaxy with M and then Star Tours with D.  C got ice cream treats with D while she waited with him and discovered Sleeping Beauty's "ride" in the castle while waiting with M.  She went upstairs 5 times looking at the scenes of Sleeping Beauty.  On one of our many exits from the rest room, M almost ran into Sleeping Beauty!  M wasn't watching where she was going as she was looking back to make sure C was with her and when she looked up, there was Sleeping Beauty just coming out of the cast doorway!  I was very excited about to see a real princess!
After finding supper that we could all agree on, it was time to head to Main Street for the parade.
After the parade, we had time to go to one store to find a souvenir and go on one more ride before the park closed for the night.
What a great day!  C and I were so exhausted from our day that we fell asleep in the car before we even left the parking lot.  M and D each took a turn in the hot tub after getting back to the hotel to ease their aching feet, before we all fell fast asleep.

No comments: