My age.....

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Hawaii--Day 1 Christmas

Christmas morning, C and I slept in until 8 when M&D actually came in and woke us up to open presents!! We had to head to the airport by 9 am and still had to eat breakfast. C was busy climbing over all her presents.
C was excited for her very first flight. We flew to Phoenix, where we had a 45 minute layover. Basically just enough time to walk over two concourses, use the restroom and get ready to board again for the longer flight to Honolulu. M says we did pretty well. There was a little fidgeting 4-5 hours into the second flight, but C finally settled down for a nap and I started playing with stickers so it didn't last much more than 20 minutes.
We landed at 6:40 pm Hawaii time.
C and I waiting patiently while M&D grabbed all our bags, carseats and stroller. Once we got our bags we went to find the shuttle bus to take us to the car rental location. We were the second shuttle bus and since M&D sat near the back and had lots of luggage to unload, M was the very last one in line. So an hour later, we finally left in our car for the week--a nice silver Ford Focus.
Even though we were hungry (although M, C and I all had peanut butter & jelly sandwiches on the plane, so we weren't as hungry as D was), the first order of business was to find the hotel. Both C and I fell asleep on the way to the hotel, so M stayed with us while D then went to walk around trying to find fast food.
Needless to say we were all asleep by 10 pm (which was 1 am CO time).

No comments: