My age.....

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Fun-filled Saturday

Two weeks ago, D had a company picnic that we went to. There was lots of fun things to do there. We ate first--hot dogs, hamburgers, pulled pork, BBQ chicken, brisket. Yum, yum. Then we started doing all the activities. I visited with Buster the Bus. He even knew my name!I then played in some bouncy gyms and slides.
It was the hottest day of the year that day. I think it got up to 100 degrees by that afternoon.
So D bought us some sno cones. C loved hers. She pretty much ate it all gone.
Here's the aftermath, with the blue tongue.
After spending most of the hot afternoon indoors (in our nice cool basement) we headed to the park for a picnic supper. Ever since we tried to ride the train on my birthday and it being closed due to maintenance issues, I have been asking M to go to the "choo, choo train park." I went twice on the train. The first time D and I went while C slept.
Then when C woke up I went with M and C.
We also played on the usual playground equipment. C loves the swing.
She is also a huge fan of the sand. (M finally got a picture of her playing in it--this is something like her 5th or 6th time at the playground playing in sand).
Since it was still pretty warm when we got home, D turned on the sprinklers for me and I went running all over the backyard.
To say the least, we had a busy fun filled Saturday. I guess you could call it a celebration even (it being C's seven month birthday and all). But mostly it was just a day together as a family!!
C going "sand" wild!!

No comments: