My age.....

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Decorating for Christmas

On Saturday, I helped M get out all the Christmas decorations. I even found my Nativity Set from last year. I took it straight to my room to play with it. Later, when M finished setting up the living room, I wanted my Nativity scene with M's. So M put it right in front on the coffee table, so I can play with it any time I want and not disturb the other decorations. Needless to say, it was a good plan but M has had to get out the superglue twice already to help fix some of my playing!!

M had to set up the artificial tree this year. She doesn't want to take the tree down before Christmas and knows she won't be up for taking it down shortly after Christmas. So since the Christmas decorations will be up until after the New Year (when Aunt R is here to help take it down!!), M decided it was safer to have the artificial tree and not have to worry about a real tree drying out. The compromise is that we have a wreath hanging over the door that can be disgarded very easily when it dries out, but at least we have the fresh smell of evergreen in our living room.



No comments: