My age.....

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Colorado Musings

Here's a picture to remind everyone just how beautiful Colorado is!! Here's the long story: Saturday it was raining on the front range; anywhere from light drizzle to a downpour. Mommy & I ran errands in the morning looking for a raincoat for me, so that I could go to the Broncos game with M&D later that evening. We had just gotten home and was putting brownies in the oven for Sunday's potluck, when Aunt R. called saying she was stranded at the Denver airport. She had taken a friend down to fly out and the windshield wipers stopped working. So being the smart girl she is, she was not going to drive the car back up to Estes Park. So Mommy & I hop in our car, with the windshield wipers at full speed and drive down I-25 to pick her up. The rain started to clear up as we left the airport. We were almost back to I-25 when the clouds parted and the snow-capped mountains could be seen. Isn't it gorgeous? All evening the news was interviewing all the skiers and snowboarders on Loveland Pass. (just as a side note, most of the snow was gone by Wednesday afternoon, so didn't stick around long!)

Anyhow, since Aunt R. was already late for work, she decided just to spend the night with us, go to church with us Sunday morning and then Mommy took her back in time for work Sunday afternoon. So M&D got a date night to the football game and I got to stay dry and warm playing with Aunt R. at home!!

No comments: