Friday, August 8, 2008
Big Girl
I am officially a big girl now. As of Sunday, I am weaned. I think this is more exciting for Mommy then it is for me. I had a bit of a hard time adjusting Sunday and Monday nights. I was still getting up at least once a night to eat (which is the only time I nursed, since during the day I have whole milk from a cup and real food & a formula bottle right before bed), so when Mommy decided no more nursing, that meant that I didn't get to eat at night. So Sunday night I was up for 2 hours , Monday night for 1 hour and Tuesday night about 40 minutes, although I only fought with Mommy for less than 10 minutes each night. The rest of the time was me wanting to be held and rocked and not put down. I would be sleeping in Mommy's arms and then she had the nerve to try to lay me back in my crib. I would wake up when she put me down, realize that she was trying to leave and sit back up. As soon as she picked me up I would be asleep again. So it was more of a challenge for Mommy trying to trick me into laying me in my crib and make me think she was still holding me, and slowly remove arms and hands from my body until I was sleeping soundly in my crib. Wednesday and Thursday night, I had to have minimally intervention from Mommy. Wednesday I was up 4 times and last night I was up 3 times but each time Mommy just had to pick me up, rock me about 3 times and lay me back down and I would fall right back asleep. So each night is getting better. But I am pretty excited when Mommy offers me a bottle right away in the morning!!! I mean 11 hours is a long time without food.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment