My age.....

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Night at the County Fair

We went to the County Fair when it was in town.  Since D was on the evening shift and we were trying to avoid the Saturday afternoon heat, we headed to out Saturday night.  It was quite crowded.  M thinks everyone in the county was there that night.  Even the kiddie rides had 20+ minute wait lines.  We went and saw the animals first.  The goats were cute and right at C's level.
C was just at the height where she could ride the car ride all by herself. 
We met all the cousins at the fair, so we wandered around with them and watched them go on rides.

Guess who else just made the line?  ME.  I was right at the 42 inch line which M realized was the limit for the "big" kid ride.  I don't think M was quite ready for me to ride those rides, but I was more than ready to go so Uncle B said he would take me on the big tower.  Waiting patiently with cousin S for our turn.
Strapping ourselves in.  Notice the boots I'm wearing.  M realized as I was in line that those cowboy boots probably gave me that extra last inch to make me the proper height.  
Making sure my belt in on tight!
On the way up!
 
Don't mind M's narration--she was panicking a little bit!
Can you tell by my HUGE smile that I had the time of my life and was begging to go again even before I got off.
M randomly ran into my school classmate, so we spent the rest of the evening going on the rides with her.
We went back to the cars...
made M really, really dizzy on the Dizzy, Dizzy Dragon....
and rode the ATV's.

We even went on the Dumbo ride with Uncle B, J and D &C.

Before the night was over I went on 2 more big kid rides. I did the Yo, Yo swing ride all by myself and then went on the Octopus with my friend and her aunt.
Since the lines were so long and M wanted to get her money's worth out of our armbands we ended up staying at the fair way late into the night--more than 3 hours past our bedtime.  The one ride we didn't get to ride was the Ferris Wheel, so because we had extra tickets M&D had purchased for themselves (partly because the Dumbo attendant didn't charge parents like it said), M decided to go back Monday evening after work.
M let me use the camera to take a picture of C and her.
We timed it just right!  High up on the Ferris wheel right at sunset.
Looking down on the other fair rides.
Two little girls enjoying the view.

No comments: