My age.....

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Honorary Squirrel

Labor Day weekend I became an Honorary Squirrel. How you ask? Well by climbing the Deadman's Lookout Tower of course! It was only about 5 miles from where we were camping, so Saturday afternoon M, D, C & I headed to the hill to start the climb. It was pretty tall!!

But I made it all the way to the top all by myself. D says I was using my hands and knees a little bit near the top, but nobody had to carry me up.

The whole fam!
The volunteer at the top gave me my special card, making me an Honorary Squirrel.

The rest of the weekend was spent relaxing in our new lounge chairs. Enough room for both C and I.
Hanging out by the fire with D and G. Too bad fall and winter are coming and we won't be able to go camping again until next summer. Side note: M was hoping to get out once more in late September or early October, but due to the extreme fire danger we have been in--2 fires within one week near our city--Larimer County just put a open fire ban on. It's just no fun to camp without a campfire, so I don't think we will get out again. Besides it was really cold overnight in our pop-up camper even with the heater running all night!!

No comments: